Alice H. Parker, Inventor (?)
Alice H. Parker is, indeed, a rare find. Not much biographical information was found on the Internet about her. Her biography is sometimes confused with that of another Alice Parker, a composer, arranger and conductor.
Alice Parker–the African-American inventor, that is–patented a gas-powered central heating furnace on December 23, 1919 (U.S. Patent 1,325,905).
- Alice H. Parker – True African American Heat (Parle Magazine)
- Alice Parker History Beat: Now You Know (YouTube.com)
- Alice Parker (theinventors.org)
- African-American Bibliography – Science & Medicine (University of Pennsylvania)
- 2/21/03 Black History Month Special Report, Part III (UAW-Chrysler)